ORCA Media is looking for a new Executive Director!
Onion River Community Access Media seeks a dynamic, inspirational, and visionary leader as its next Executive Director.
The position is open until filled.
SALARY RANGE: $55,000-60,000
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
ABOUT ORCA MEDIA
Incorporated in 2004, ORCA Media is a nonprofit community media center serving the City of Montpelier, VT, and surrounding communities, including Randolph and Waterbury, VT. ORCA Media operates three access channels on Comcast’s cable system: Public Access (programming from members of the community); Education Access (school board meetings and other content related to local educational organizations); and Government Access (coverage of hundreds of government meetings annually). The mission of ORCA Media is to promote participation in local government, community, and organizations through telecommunications technology. ORCA Media provides free video production, training, and distribution services to citizens and organizations in the towns served by ORCA Media and is dedicated to the principles of free speech, content neutrality, localism, civic engagement, and advocacy of diverse opinions and perspectives. ORCA Media has four full-time staff (including the Executive Director), with offices located on the campus of the Vermont College of Fine Arts (VCFA) and an annual budget of about $450,000.
For more details: www.orcamedia.net
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall administration, management, planning, and development of ORCA Media on an annual and day-to-day basis. They are accountable to the Board of Directors for implementing the Board’s policies.
- Manages day to day operations and supervision of staff.
- Promotes cooperation and communication among staff members, board members, access users, and the public to foster unity of purpose.
- Oversees hiring, staff development, performance management, separation, employee compensation, and benefits.
- Performs, with other staff, outreach to the public and other organizations.
- Purchases and maintains in good working order the equipment and facilities used by the public and in staff operations; makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding major purchases.
- Deepens and refines all aspects of communications – from web presence to external relations - to create a stronger brand.
- Fundraises, as time allows, utilizing various funding sources, including grants and underwriting opportunities.
- Ensures that the organization complies with all government regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Works closely with the Board of Directors to prepare/organize a strategic plan, annual budget, annual report, and member meeting.
- Presents regular reports on operations to the Board of Directors.
- Models ORCA Media’s values and beliefs in all work.
- Maintains familiarity with new and evolving media technologies.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in video production, business, or related field preferred.
- 10+ years experience in the industry with progressive management experience and demonstrated leadership ability in a work setting.
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all operations and production.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a substantial budget and seek funding opportunities.
- Proficient in video production systems, including acquisition and post-production, using up-to-date editing and peripheral software.
- Understanding of video and other media production theory and applications.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal, written, and electronic forms.
- Able to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Comfortable with all kinds of people in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Proficient in general office applications, including the Google environment of applications.
The ORCA Media Board of Directors